Thursday, October 8, 2015

Presenting With Google Slides

I was excited that our class had the opportunity to present online. I think it is a valuable skill to have and while we have done MANY PowerPoint/Google Slides presentations, we have never done online presentations. I did experience some technical difficulties before I began presenting, but it turned out to be because of the browser. I am appreciative of the experience, and was even glad to run into a glitch because I know how to prepare in the future if I ever need to present online.



I also really enjoyed preparing my presentation. I care a lot about the subject and I found a lot of interesting information about women in leadership. Even after learning about the percentages of women in leadership positions and the factors contributing to the issue, I still find it so hard to believe that there is such a huge gap.


I also had fun putting together the presentation. As I mentioned earlier, we have done many PowerPoint presentations. I have always been impressed with how artistic some of my colleagues get when designing their presentations. This presentation was the first time I attempted to apply some (very basic) graphic design techniques. I was proud of the result and thought my presentation aesthetically pleasing (Although, in the future I will be sure to put the assignment guidelines above artistry because not having a picture on every slide affected my grade).

3 comments:

  1. We all did so well....i really enjoyed learning about how women are kicking butt although there is much to be done we are farther than before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You handled that glitch like a genius. I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation and your simple graphics. It helped me follow your presentation so smoothly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What! You didn't put a picture on every slide? Why did I not notice? I thought it was great and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete