Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Final Project Proposal

Last week our class proposed our ideas for our final projects. For my final project, I want to advocate for women in leadership by creating a Pinterest page dedicated to Latina leaders. I created a profile that focuses on Latinas in leadership, but also covers other feminist issues. My objective for this social media activity is to spread awareness about women in leadership by creating at least 5 boards dedicated to various feminist issues. I will consider my objective achieved when at least 10 of my pins were either repinned, “liked”, or commented. For our final presentation, I will use ExplainEverything to present my final project.

So far I have made good progress with my Pinterest page. I created a new Pinterest profile called “Latina Leaders.” I created 5 boards under this profile: Women in Leadership, Latinas, Social Justice, The Wage Gap, and LGBTQIA. Each board has between 15-20 pins. 


I followed several people who pinned similar content in hopes to gain followers. However, so far I only have 3 followers. One person has repinned one of my pins, so I am making some progress toward my objective. I plan to continue pinning to my 5 boards and following people with similar interests in order to get visitors to my boards and content. 



3 comments:

  1. It looks great Erin. I especially like the social justice board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latina Leaders!!!! That even makes me proud to be the wannabe Latina that I am. You know I am one deep down inside of my soul :)

    ReplyDelete